Saturday, July 11, 2009

Defanging The Vampire Bully

"Never allow yourself to be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life. Define yourself.
Harvey Firestone

"A bully is a big a--hole with a little bit of man attached."
Mickey Rourke, actor

"I was the kid who used to get shoved into lockers by school bullies. Because of that, I have never felt like a star in my life."
Winona Rourke, actor

"I paid a worker at New York's zoo to open it just for me and Robin (Tyson's then-wife). When we got to the gorilla cage there was a big silverback gorilla there just bullying the other gorillas. They were so powerful but their eyes were like an innocent infant. I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let me smash that silverback right on the snotbox. He declined."
(As a young child, Mike Tyson had been savagely abused.)

"A bully is an emotionally retarded vampire. He is not entitled to your blood."
Marlena de Blasi, writer

"Stalking is bullying. One of the hardest jobs a cop will ever face is getting it through the head of a true sleazebag that he can't dog, stalk, threaten, and otherwise torment a woman he wants, who won't have anything to do with him. He thinks it's in his Slimeball's Bill of Rights somewhere."
Officer Billy Leo

"All bullying should be met by steel."
Gypsy saying

1 comment:

  1. Hi Margaret,
    For some reason I thought this blog was defunct. I tried visiting, but it said "This blog does not exist." Sometimes Blogger is unpredictable that way. I'm glad to see that you are still here.

    re: bullying
    These are powerful and flaming quotes. Bullying so clearly grows out of low self-esteem and self hatred. I take care of a 7-year-old girl who bullies me. Usually I put her back in her place, but sometimes I'm tired and just allow it to happen.

    I think the Dalai Lama has the best approach. He has taken on an entire government. But his requires such much spiritual strength.

    What is your own quote?

    ReplyDelete